The latest entrant vying for portable gaming dominance is the AYA Neo Pocket Air. As a miniaturized Windows PC sporting flagship-grade components, can it truly usurp Nintendo’s hybrid throne?
The AYA Neo Pocket Air is a revolutionary handheld gaming console that is set to change the way we play retro games on the go. With its stunning 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED display, powerful MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor, and advanced cooling system, this device is the perfect companion for any gaming enthusiast.
Design and Build
Image Credit Aya Neo
The AYA Neo Pocket Air boasts a sleek and stylish design that is both lightweight and compact. Measuring just 224 x 89.5 x 17mm (8.8 x 3.5 x 0.67 inches) and weighing only 380 grams (13.4 ounces), this device is designed to fit comfortably in the palm of your hand. Its slim profile and elegant look make it a stylish accessory for any gaming session.
The device features a 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED display that offers a 16:9 aspect ratio, wide viewing angle, and wide color gamut. The screen has a fast response time and no light leakage, ensuring that your gaming experience is nothing short of stunning. The AYA Neo Pocket Air’s screen color performance is beyond its category, bringing retro games to life in a way that’s never been seen before.
Internals and Performance
Image Credit Aya Neo
At the heart of the AYA Neo Pocket Air is the powerful MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor, which provides leading flagship performance among Android handhelds. This processor effortlessly runs retro games at multiple resolutions without any pressure, ensuring a seamless gaming experience.
The device also features a 7,350mAh battery, which provides hours of gaming fun on a single charge. Additionally, the AYA Neo Pocket Air has a USB-C port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a 6-axis gyroscope, X-axis linear motor, and a vibration motor, making it a truly comprehensive gaming device.
Image Credit Aya Neo
One of the standout features of the AYA Neo Pocket Air is its advanced cooling system. The device features an x86-level powerful active cooling system with a large fan and support for three fan speed presets. This allows you to customize your cooling settings to suit your gaming needs, ensuring that your device stays cool even during the most intense gaming sessions.
Certainly! The AYA Neo Pocket Air’s cooling system is one of its unique features, and it plays a crucial role in ensuring that the device performs optimally during gaming sessions.
Enormous Fan: The AYA Neo Pocket Air’s enormous fan is meant to disperse heat from the processor and other components. The device’s back fan draws in cool air from outside and expels warm air.
Three Fan Speed Presets: Gamers can customize their cooling settings with three fan speed presets. Adjusting the fan speed improves battery life, noise, and cooling.
Advanced Cooling Algorithm: The AYA Neo Pocket Air’s cooling algorithm constantly checks the device’s temperature and changes the fan speed. This algorithm keeps the device’s temperature safe throughout long gaming sessions.
The AYA Neo Pocket Air’s heat pipe and heat sink cooperate with the fan to dissipate heat. The heat pipe’s unique material efficiently transfers heat away from the device’s processor and other components, while the heat sink dissipates it into the air.
AYA Neo Pocket Air’s innovative cooling technology boosts gaming performance. Maintaining device temperature helps:
Prevent Overheating: Overheating can impede processor rates, diminish battery life, and cause system crashes. During prolonged gameplay, the AYA Neo Pocket Air’s cooling technology prevents overheating.
Reduce Lag: The AYA Neo Pocket Air’s cooling mechanism maintains appropriate CPU and component temperatures to reduce lag. This makes fast-paced games with quick reflexes smoother and faster.
The AYA Neo Pocket Air’s cooling mechanism extends battery life by regulating device temperature. Users can play longer without worrying about battery life.
Software and User Interface
Image Credit Aya Neo
The AYA Neo Pocket Air runs on Android 12, with an AYA Home launcher and AYA Space app for managing games and settings. The device also features a new “Cloud Game Database” feature that identifies games installed on your device and downloads matching cover art, descriptions, and other content that can be displayed in the launcher.
The device also has hall-sensing joysticks and hall trigger shoulder buttons, dual microphones, and a fingerprint sensor integrated with the power button. The AYA Neo Pocket Air also has a microSD card slot, allowing you to expand your storage capacity to suit your needs.
• X86-level active cooling with large fan and 3 fan speed presets
• MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor – one of the most powerful Android chips
• Dual microphones, but no camera
• Supports WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2
• Includes AYA Home launcher and AYA Space app for game management
• Features A “Cloud Game Database” for game metadata
• Dimensions – The Pocket Air measures 224 x 89.5 x 17mm and weighs 380 grams, making it one of the most compact and lightest Android handheld gaming devices. Its thin and lightweight design promises high portability.
• Screen – The 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED screen features a wide color gamut, high brightness, fast response times and no light leakage for an immersive gaming experience. The 16:9 aspect ratio is ideal for retro and mobile games.
• Processor – The Dimensity 1200 chip brings flagship-level Android performance to the Pocket Air. It can smoothly handle demanding 3D games and emulators, and the x86-level cooling system helps sustain peak performance.
• Controls – The hall sensor joysticks and triggers promise precise analog input and responsive button presses. The integration of a fingerprint sensor, X-axis motor, and gyroscope also improves the gaming experience.
• Battery – The sizable 7,350 mAh battery should provide decent longevity, though the specifics remain unclear. Long battery life will be important for such a portable device.
• Software – AYA’s own launcher, app, and cloud game database aim to optimize the software experience for gaming. But the Pocket Air runs Android 12 rather than a custom OS.
• Pricing – Pricing has not yet been announced, but it will likely need to undercut rivals like the AYN Odin and ONEXPLAYER Mini to stand out. The crowdfunding campaign will reveal the final pricing details.
The AYA Neo Pocket Air is a game-changer in the world of handheld gaming consoles. With its stunning AMOLED display, powerful processor, and advanced cooling system, this device is the perfect companion for any gaming enthusiast. Whether you’re a retro game fanatic or a serious gamer, the AYA Neo Pocket Air has something for everyone.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your hands on the AYA Neo Pocket Air today and experience gaming on a whole new level.
- What is the price of the AYA Neo Pocket Air?
The price of the AYA Neo Pocket Air has not been announced yet. However, it is expected to be available for pre-order through an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign in late August.
- What is the battery life of the AYA Neo Pocket Air?
The AYA Neo Pocket Air has a 7,350mAh battery that provides hours of gaming fun on a single charge.